Prof. Ralph Masenge
Ralph was born in 1940, Professor of Mathematics at both the University of Dar es Salaam and the Open Universitty of Tanzania. He graduated in 1968 from the University of Wurzburg (West Germany), and then gained an MSc in 1972 at Linacre College, Oxford University and a PhD in 1986 from the University of Dar es Salaam.
Prof. Masenge has dedicated his entire career to teaching Mathematics both at the University of Dar es Salaam, the Open University of Tanzania, and currently at Marian University College, a Constituent College of St. Augustine University of Tanzania, where he is also the Deputy Principal for Administration and Finance. Prof. Masenge is the author of several publications, including some 20 books on Mathematics.
- Deputy Principal for Administration and Finance - Marian University College situated at Bagamoyo in Tanzania 2017 - Present
- Professor of Mathematics - University of Dar es Salaam 1968 – Dec 2017
- Primary Education at Mkuu Primary School in Rombo District in 1952
- Junior Secondary Scool at Umbwe Holy Ghost Seconday School in Kibosho (1953 - 1956)
- Pugu Secondary School in 1956, did the Cambridge Overseas School Certificate in 1958, and the Cambridge Advanced Level School Certificate in 1960,
- Went to West Germany and studied at the Wurzburg University in Bavaria from 1961 to 1968, got BSc (Maths/Physics/Astronomy) and MA (Maths),
- Studied at Oxford University (UK) and got MSc (Maths) Degree (1970-1972),
- PhD at Nijmegen/University of Dar es Salaam (1980 - 1986).